Only a week and a half until NaNoWriMo begins! I'm super excited about it! October is a month of prepping. I've been writing blog posts, cleaning my apartment, and planning more details of my novel.
The less distractions that you have during a month of writing, the more writing you are actually able to accomplish!
This week, the type of prepping that I took to was getting my writing area ready! Here are some tips for you to do the same!
1| Clean up Your Writing Area
- I recommend a large table or desk. I say large because you don't want to feel like you are boxed in. You also want to be able to spread out your materials to be available at a glance. I'll show off my space in a few weeks!
2| Remove Distractions
- Have a few fun things around that inspire you, but if it doesn't inspire and instead distracts, it needs to be removed from your area for the month. I know that concentrating on writing can be difficult to do when you are trying to do it day in and day out, so limiting the things that could cause you to loose focus is best.
3| Add Inspiration
- Not only do you have to have limited distractions while writing, but it is still best to be inspired! I'm looking forward to fresh flowers and my favorite candle, along with character inspiration boards to help guide me when I'm trying to decide what a character would do.
4| Print your Notes, Inspiration boards, and Timeline
- Electronics are your biggest threat to your concentration. Get everything printed on nice paper and organize it in a nice binder. Or don't. Use the method that would work the best for you to find what you need when you need it.
5| Grab the Essentials
- I'll be covering this further next week when I talk about making your own NaNoWriMo Box. But a little preview would be to get a notebook for notes, your favorite candle to relax to, along with chargers for your phone and laptop.