This post is sponsored by the
. All opinions are my own. #BillionDinners
ended for Simeon and I last night! To be honest, getting dinners in together was a lot harder than I thought it was, but it was fun to document the ones that we did get to have together. I was actually pretty proud that we were able to get to 11 dinners in two weeks! There were plenty of things that I have learned in the last few weeks on what it takes to really gather up even just two people around a dinner table to eat a meal without technology. But even as difficult as it can be, there are so many things that make it worth it.
My top three are
1| We discussed our future
- right now there are a lot of things that are up in the air. We graduate in just a few months and have to start making decisions. Dinner was a good time to discuss the latest developments in the potentials for our futures.
2| Game Time
- My sister had the great idea that during our dinner together that we should play a game while we had dinner together and it was ridiculously fun!
3| Inside Jokes
- You have to get off your phones, TVs, and computers to create inside jokes with your friends and family. So seriously do it! These are the memories that you will always remember. The jokes that you will laugh about for years to come. And you can't make those staring at a screen constantly.
But obviously you have to get to the table with your dinner first.
So here are some tips to get there smoothly.
1| Plan Ahead
- Meal planning isn't something that I'm the best at, but it is something that helps get you to the table. Simeon and I don't eat until he gets home from work around 9:30 at night. If I don't have dinner done by then, it will be insanely late by the time we do.
2| Take Away Distractions
- Put your phone in another room. Move the TV out of the place where you eat. Just get the electronics away and don't get distracted! :)
3| Have Conversation Questions
- That's one of my favorite parts so far of the
. As it tracks your dinners together, it also gives you a conversation starter! It has a fun little question to start things off for you!
4| Clear a Spot to Eat
- If your little family is anything like mine, our dinner table is more for storage than it actually is for eating. We tend to either eat on our couch (because we like to watch shows) or on the floor in our living room. No matter where you eat, you really should make sure that you can eat together. Sitting next to each other or facing each other.
5| Get Everything Together
- With it being so late when we start eating, Simeon and I have a habit of just grabbing our food and only worrying about other needs as they come. But to be able to not have an interrupted conversation, it is best to get all those things (like your drink, condiments, or the salt & pepper) beforehand instead of constantly jumping up to get them!
If you haven't yet, take the
! I know you will love every second of it just as I did!